"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."

-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

lunedì 19 dicembre 2011

Seneca Slopes 8K - Gaithersburg MD

It was supposed to be an 8k Cross-Country race, it turned out as an outstanding 8.5 km Trail run !
Seneca Park, near Gaithersburg (Maryland), is always a beautiful place to run in and Michele and Chuck (the race directors of this MCRRC Event) were able to raised it a notch to make it memorable.
The brand new course was one of the best I've raced recently; hills, leaves, roots, rocks, grass, and asphalt all blended together for a challenging 8.5K.
Overall my race went pretty well considering that I slipped and I fell down to the ground twice while I was in the lead (at that point I decided to slow down and to avoid taking more risks).


The race was the last event of the 2011 MCRRC Cross Country Series.
Here the link to the final results.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento