"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."

-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

lunedì 9 gennaio 2012

Al Lewis 10 miler - Kensington MD

Last two editions the DCRRC Al Lewis 10 miler were run in the snow, this year it was exceptionally warm for being the first week of January, and the course has slightly changed (the big hill half way was not part of the race), but for me the results have been basically the same ... it's one of the few DCRRC small races that I cannot win... 
This year the course was faster, it was an out and back along Rock Creek trail from the marker mile 7 to mile marker 2, starting in the vicinity of Ken-Gar Palisades Park.
I have to mention a few things that could be improved in the future:
- one port-a potty was not enough
- two road crossings were not manned
- we run out of water and Gatorade at the finish line while runners were still racing.

This was the 3rd race of the DCRRC Snowball Series, I missed the first two and I will miss the next one ... this 2012 I'm not sure I'll be able to defend the title ...



Click here for the results.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento