"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."

-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

giovedì 1 novembre 2012

39ª Maratona delle frazioni - Manerba del Garda (BS)


Don't be fooled by the name ... I did not run a marathon .... 
The thirty-ninth edition of the so called "Marathon of Manerba" is a race of 12.5 kilometers on a beautiful countryside along the Garda Lake.

The course is well-known to the runners of the area, a mixture of asphalt, dirt roads and trails (here the link to the GPS data of last year ... not mine of course...) and this year the rain has made it more complicated.

Talking about my race, I must say that once again the rule #1 of running still applies: You need to train to get results .... (part 2 of rule #1: the stopwatch is an infallible judge). Nevertheless, despite these premises, I am still happy... at the end, after 12.5 kilometers definitively not easy, I was still close to the usual "rivals".

I just need to find a way to train at least a couple of times during the week ...


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento