"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."

-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

domenica 9 dicembre 2012

December ... slippery roads and snow ...



Winter brings humidity, low temperatures and snow.
The first two were part of the reason I didn't post last Sunday's race, the third one nullified my desire to race today.

Let's go back one week...

Last Sunday's race was approx 5 miles long, two laps of a hilly course within the town of Cellatica (few miles nortwest of Brescia). On the second lap, already tired and eager to finish as soon as possible, in a sharp 90 degrees turn downhill, I slipped on the wet pavement.
Fortunately, I was near the finish line so I decided to "DNF" and to "visit" to the ambulance.

Outcome: few bruises to the left leg and elbow and some pain to the right shoulder (... also this time everything went well ...).

Today, due to the Friday's snow, I choosed to stay home and to go for a long run by myself (I really need some good workouts).

I have not decided where to run next Sunday yet: road race or cross country?

I must admit, however, that Lalli's victory and Meucci's third place in the European Championship was really amazing and fun ... I'm really biased towards a Cross Country race ... we'll see ...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento