"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."

-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

martedì 1 maggio 2012

17th Annual Pike's Peak 10K - Rockville MD

Yesterday was a great sunday; finally all the pieces of the puzzle fitted in place and I was able to improve my 10K PR.

The weather was perfect (bright sun, 50s warming into the 60s, and a slight tailwind), the course is the fastest you can find in the National area (one turn in the half first mile, and then straight the rest of the way with a net downhill), the field of runners is amazing and most important of all at this point of the season I'm in a great shape! 

I finally broke 34 minutes ... since 2008 i went close at least 5 times (running between 34:10 and 34:20) but I couldn't find the right conditions ... well, yesterday I made it, a new PR in 33 low ... sadly I still keep thinking what I could have done in Boston two weeks ago :-(

This race is great, excellent organization (especially considering that it's a point to point race), great support and amazingly fast course. Definitively a race it's worth running.

Here the link to the male and female results. 




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento