"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."

-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

sabato 22 settembre 2012

MARCIATONA tra i Vigneti e il Natisone - Orsaria di Premariacco (UD)



In the past 10 years so called "non competitive" races had grown bigger and bigger in Italy.
Probably they should not be called "races"this are meetings in which you pay a small fee and you're are allowed to run/walk a perfectly marked course, to get refreshments, and all the amenities of a real race without an official starting time and final results/classification.


Personally I'm not a big fan of "non competitive" races ... for me a race should always have a winner ... but recently I  must admit that I "use" this kind of races as training sessions.
It's nice to run in different places, on beautiful courses and have water every couple of miles.

The "Marciatona" is one of my favorites, outstanding views (probably I'm a little bit bias since this area is were I was born and I grew up), challenging and breathtaking course, and amazing (and healthy) post race refreshments.

I really enjoyed it! Highly recommended, I'll be back next year for sure.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento